- If you have the ball you cannot use your free hand to push attackers way or it is a turnover.(This means the other team is given the ball)
- You cannot touch the ball with two hands unless you are the goalie. The goalie can touch the ball with two hands up to the 4 meter line.
- If you are chasing an opponent on a breakaway you cannot pull his legs or shoulders. (This is called impeding a breakaway and is a major foul.)
- Your team has 35 seconds to shoot or the ball will be turned over.
- Do not hit the ball with a fist.(bad idea)
- You cannot intentionally splash your opponent. This means that you cannot be mean and splash you opponents face when he is going to make a pass or shot. If you accidentally splash your opponent then that is OK.
- You cannot pass the 2 meter line before the ball does. (Like the blue line in hockey)
- If you have just been fouled then you cannot shoot. You can shoot once you have passed to someone and they pass back
- If you put the ball underwater then the referee will call a turnover foul.
- You cannot push someone under the water if they do not have the ball. (This is a minor foul which means the referee will stop the play and give the ball to the player that got pushed underwater.)
- The game is composed of 4 quarters of 7 minutes.
- When a goal is scored, teams line up at center and possession of ball is given to the non-scoring team. Pass the ball back towards your own net to start play.(usually the goalie)